If you're looking to improve your on-the-job skills or just become more familiar with issues related to workers' compensation, liability, loss prevention or risk management, IRM's training classes and educational resources can help you achieve your goals.
Our classes encompass a wide variety of offerings and modes of delivery from hands-on tasks in real-world scenarios to online classes that give you the option to learn at the pace that fits your schedule.
- Behind the Wheel Defensive Driver Training, Safe Driver Awareness Program, Post Collision Refresher Training
- What is Business Continuity Planning?: Learn about business continuity terms and concepts in this short video.
- UC Ready Demo: A brief demo of the UC Ready tool including the business impact analysis (BIA) questions.
- Why Business Continuity Planning?: Examples of business continuity issues for a university that may arise after a major disruption. This has been adapted from Academic Aftershocks, showing the aftermath of the 1994 Northridge Earthquake.
- Workshops and custom training available. Contact [email protected] for details.
Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Training
- Online training training modules are available to your department. Learn more here.
- What to Do When Losses/Injuries Occur
Employee Disability Management
- Accommodation & Return-to-Work
- Employee Disability Management Overview
All new and current UCLA employees working at computer workstations are asked to complete both the training and risk assessment as a first step toward achieving an optimal workstation setup. Program staff will review your assessment results and may contact you to discuss appropriate next steps depending on your level of risk. Access this training via your campus:
- Campus Registered Organizations Insurance Issues
- California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA)
- Choosing the Right Type of Insurance
- Contractual Indemnity
- Employment Practices Claims
- Liability, Auto, Property Programs
- Responding to Subpoenas & Requests for Public Records
- The Nuts and Bolts of Handling Campus Document Requests and Preservation of Records
- When Do I Need Releases & Waivers?
- Understanding Insurance Certificates
- Risk Management: Workers' Compensation, Liability, Property
- Accident Prevention Refresher Training: Safety training provided to employees who have been injured and/or involved in an accident. In a non-judgmental setting, stressing preventability, attendees will learn the causes and prevention of accidents, including the six conditions that contribute to accidents.
- Custom classes are available to accommodate "one-on-one" instruction, including behind the wheel training and/or job shadowing of the employee. To schedule these classes contact Orlando Terrazas at (310) 794-8505 or via email.
- Workers' Compensation: Workers' Compensation training can be customized to accommodate "one-on-one" instruction or larger groups, depending on the need. Details can be determined at the time of enrollment. Contact IRM at (310) 794-6948 or via email.
- Timely Claims & Forms Reporting: Timely Claims & Forms training can be customized to accommodate "one-on-one" instruction or larger groups, depending on the need. Details can be determined at the time of enrollment. Contact IRM at (310) 794-6948 or via email.
- Disability Management: Workers' Compensation training can be customized to accommodate "one-on-one" instruction or larger groups, depending on the need. Details can be determined at the time of enrollment. Contact IRM at (310) 794-6948 or via email.